Hands-on Workshop: Utilization of Planet imagery for science and analytics
We will conduct collaborative exercises, training beginning and expert users to engage with Planet products, the Planet Explorer (a GUI designed to allow browsing and download of assets from the Planet catalogue), and the Planet Orders Application Program Interface (API), allowing users to transact large amounts of data from Planet, build applications and interface with other geospatial tools such as ESRI tools and Google Earth Engine.
Review the following before the workshop:
- You must be a member of the MIT community to particpate in this workshop because we are using an MIT-licensed product.
- If you do not already have an MIT Planet account, email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the workshop.
- Bring a laptop. There will be outlets at each seat.
- Install the Anaconda distribution of python 3.7: https://www.anaconda.com/distribution/#download-section
- Create a Google Earth Engine account: https://signup.earthengine.google.com/ (While it says it may take a week for a response, I received an email instantly.)
Attendees may review Planet’s API documentation prior to the workshop at https://developers.planet.com/
Attend our morning presentation to learn more about Planet and how satellite imagery can be used for research.
- Friday, January 17, 2020
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Classes & workshops